Sue is an experienced Commonwealth performance auditor, program evaluator and statistician.
A former senior director of performance audit at the ANAO, Sue managed over fourteen significant performance audits, many of which examined government grant programs and drew on a broad range of statistical and qualitative data analysis techniques. While working for a Big 4 firm, Sue headed up the outsourced internal audit function for an Australian Government department. She also has experience in: program and project evaluation; performance and compliance audits; management review and development; and risk assessment and management.
Some of her recent professional engagements include:
- Australian National Audit Office, audit and advisory services including quality review of statistics methodology within performance audits and contract-in peer support then audit manager for performance audit of the Administration of the Code of Manufacturing Practice for Prescription Medicines (Therapeutic Goods Administration), tabled in Parliament May 2014, and senior audit team member for the audit of military rehabilitation (2016).
- Queensland Audit Office, Quality Assurance Review on the Community Benefits Fund: Grant Management performance audit.
- Department of the Environment, survey methodology and statistical analysis for the independent evaluation of the National Environmental Research Program.
- ACT Audit Office, development of strategic internal audit program.
- BSc (Statistics, 1st Hons)
- Masters of Resources and Environment Science (ANU – course work completed)
- Experienced Managers Program, Mt Eliza