John is an experienced program evaluator and performance auditor.
Prior to joining Vista Advisory, John had over 20 years experience with the Australian National Audit Office (senior executive service) as a performance audit manager and branch head, head of Corporate functions and three years as senior adviser to the PNG Auditor-General.
Prior to his career in the ANAO, John was a senior officer in the British and Australian armies.
Some of his most recent professional engagements include:
- Parliament of Western Australia’s Joint Standing Committee on Audit, senior reviewer, statutory review of the performance of the Auditor General of Western Australia under the Auditor General Act 2006 (WA) (2015).
- Department of Environment, development of the monitoring and evaluation framework for the Department of the Environment’s National Environmental Science Programme (2015).
- ACT Audit Office, lead reviewer of policies and procedures for ACT Audit Office – corporate and performance audit
- Victorian Auditor-General’s Office, senior reviewer, quality review of performance audits against the ACAG self-assessment checklist and Vista Advisory ‘better practice’.
- Institute of Public Administration in Australia